The CBRJO has a second core function of collaboration with the following objectives:
- To interact strongly with other spheres of government and other regional groupings.
- To provide for the exchange and recognition of information and ideas amongst member Councils and other agencies.
It has identified a number of key partners, including State and Federal Government, key state government agencies, and other regional organisations.
Within this objective it has identified the following priority activities:
- Collaborate with partners to develop a framework to support a Canberra Region Economic Strategy (CREDS) aligning focus with the two Premier priorities of ‘creating jobs’ and ‘building infrastructure’.
- Collaborate with partners in a research project into international freight opportunities, in conjunction with the ACT Government, Canberra Airport and the NSW Government (Department of Industry);
- Work with relevant partners to plan for and deliver improved telecommunications infrastructure.
- Share information to increase understanding of regional land use planning challenges, opportunities and responses.
- Reach a common understanding between Councils of opportunities and priorities for the CBRJO in the regional service delivery function.